Success Story: Aluminum Body Build
Project: Environmental Protection Agency Truck Modification Replacement
A municipal EPA in Ohio had a serious problem with one of their custom truck builds. The less than three year old steel body product had corroded from use and weather conditions causing it to collapse under it's own weight down onto the chassis. They were in need of a more reliable, lighter, and less costly replacement, and quickly.
Searching the internet they found just the product they needed and contacted one of TDM's distributor's, Cross Truck Equipment in Canton, Ohio.
The aluminum product is an 11 foot body with a 61" canopy roof. It features a three section slide top to allow for the use of an interior mounted crane through the roof, four 75" rollout trays in the front curbside compartment for equipment storage, vise mount at the rear of the driver's side, compartment cargo lights and master compartment locking (ganglocks).
TDM's Aluminum Body product gives our customer several advantages:
- The product is naturally resistant to corrosives, such as road salt and other oxidizers.
- Weight savings over a comparable steel product is 40%, providing fuel savings, estimated at 8-12% year, based on mileage driven and cargo load.
- Lower weight allows for extra cargo, an additional 1,300 pounds, which could also generate fuel savings and improve work efficiency from fewer trips.
- Aluminum bodies afford the customer very low maintenance cost over comparable steel products.
- The professional appearance of the aluminum product over a corroded steel product adds value as well, with our customer and their customers.
Our customer was very satisfied with the installation, cost savings of the product, and the professional courtesy our distributor gave them.
At Troy Design and Manufacturing, we and our trusted distributors, perform several of these types of installations every year. This is just one of the many success stories.
Read Other Success Stories...
We invite you to Contact Us
to ask more about our Services and what Troy Design and Manufacturing can do for you.